Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Marcos syndrome

Ferdinand Marcos( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_Marcos) was the presidant of the Phils from 1965 to 1986, a very long time!

He was pretty good, until his second term.

In the Phils, just like US, you can only have two terms. He didnt like this, and wanted to keep the power for as long as he could. So he declared Martial law(ie. military rules, you can make 'em up as you go along).

He kept being the president, until a bloodless(ie. no fighting) coup d'état, (which means revolution) happened. This was after his main rival, Ninoy Aquino who was in exile, was shot when he arrived in Manilla Airport(now named after him), before he even left the aeroplane. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_Power_Revolution)

NB. Eastern Europe took this as a good example, (as previously revolutions in counties almost always involved tremendous bloodshed), and also had a Coup against Russia, which led to the modern Europe we know today. Basically, how its done, is to get the Military on your side first! Then they wont shoot you, and they wont protect the presidant

The USA rescued him(Reagan backed him, as he was US friendly), and brought him to the USA, then he went to Hawaii, and lived happily ever after(with billions of Phils money).

A well known injustice here.

Now, his wife, Imelda Marcos(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imelda_Marcos) basically has a shoe addiction, she had 3,000 pairs of shoes(not Dunnes Stores, or Marks and Spencers, I mean Manola balanic & Gucci type shoes)

This is where the Marcos Syndrome comes in....

Consider that, and a thing my wife recently said to me, she said....

"Behind every great man, is a great woman"

Now, I cant find the source of this quote, but I shall call it Marcos syndrome!

I prefer my quote of "Behind every great man, is a really nagging woman"

Consider this....

Ferdinand: Hey baby, can I have some of that special thing tonight?
Imelda: Piss off, im not in the mood
Ferdinand: Aww, come on, ill buy you some shoes
Imelda: Hmmm, maybe, what type
Ferdinand: Eh, Gucci shoes?
Imelda: oh, ok so, come here
Ferdinand: will you do that thing with your tongue?
Imelda: for Gucci, no way!
Ferdinand: what about Manola balanic shoes
Imelda: Ohh baby, come to me....

I can see it happening, now he was in power for 21 years, and she had 3000 pairs of shoes, it makes sense if you think about the practicalities of a relationship!

Again, behind every great man, is a nagging wife!

Lets consider this, and look into history...

Napolean....

Napoleans wife: your so small, you dont satisfy me.
Napolean: maybe if I conquer Europe you will give me what I want
Napoleans wife: Maybe, by the way, apparently the best diamonds are in Russia, just thought I'd mention
Napolean: I cant attack Russia yet, it is idiotic to fight on 2 fronts in Europe
Napoleans wife: Hmm, yea, whatever, anyway, I have a headache, im going asleep
Napolean: ok then, Ill attack Russia, but I bet those British are going to piss me off
Napolean's wife: ok, call me when you have diamonds

Hitler....

Hitler: hey baby, wana look after me tonight
Hitlers girl: Maybe, have you conquered Russia yet?
Hitler: Oh no, that would be stupid to attack Russia until I fix the British
Hitlers Girl: Yea, apparently the best diamonds are in Russia.
Hitler: Maybe so, but I cant attack yet
Hitlers Girl: I have a headache, and im going asleep, call me when you have Russian Diamonds
Hitler: RIGHT, FINE, Ill attack Russia, damn it!


Clinton's...

Bill: Hey baby, can I get my special something tnite?
Hillary: Hmmm, I dont like this house
Bill: Uh, what, This house is great
Hillary: No, I dont like it
Bill: What kind of house do you like?
Hillary: We'll there's a real nice house in Washington
Bill: WTF, you mean the Whitehouse???
Hillary: Yea, thats nice
Bill: Damn it, right so, ill go for the Presidancy!

a few years later...

Bill: We'll I got you the White House, hows about that thing you do?
Hillary: You know Russia has really nice diamonds
Bill: Damn it girl, thats a heavy price to pay for oral

a few months later....

Monika: I dont care if you have Russian diamonds or not, im happy with who you are, come here big boy!
Bill: YEA BABY!

Lesson learnt, Men know best ! Just keep us happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment